torstai 6. joulukuuta 2012

This blog



I have always been very fond of history and especially the way people used to live back in the old days. I love to walk around in a medieval castle and imagine, how people hundreds of years ago walked in the same aisles and lived their lives there.

For over a decade I have had a very close friend, who was always fond of Finnish customs: the way Finns used to live in Finland, what kind of traditions Finns have had, how  Finns used to celebrate the holidays and how the Finns still celebrate all the holidays we have during the year. I was more than happy to tell about the Finnish manners.

This year I lost my dear friend. The Christmas is closing up. It has always been my favorite time of the year. Now I don’t have my friend any more to whom to tell all the stories and customs of us Finns. Then somebody close to me suggested to me, that why wouldn’t I put up a blog and write about all the things I used to write to my friend. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to start a blog.

So here it is. Don’t expect me to make a post every day or even weekly. I promise I try to post a new entry at least once a month. 

My roots are in the Western parts of Finland, which most probably can be seen in my posts. The way I represent the Finnish manners and customs are of course my personal view of them.

I do hope You enjoy reading the posts as much I enjoy writing them.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti